Terms & Conditions
Privacy and Complaints Handling
These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement (“Agreement”) between you and MyRacehorse Pty Ltd ACN 643 461 590 (“MyRacehorse”, “we,” “us” or “our”) governing your use of the Service therein. PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICE. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY, AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO, THIS AGREEMENT. IN ADDITION, WHEN YOU CHECK THE “AGREE WITH THE ABOVE TERMS” WHEN REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT ON THE WEBSITE OR CLICK THE “AGREE” BUTTON WHEN YOU INSTALL THE App, AS THE CASE MAY BE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR INSTALL THE App AND DISCONTINUE YOUR REGISTRATION TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON THE WEBSITE. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of this Agreement at any time without further notice. Your continued use of the Service after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future amended Terms, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Service. YOU MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF 18 TO USE THE SERVICE (“LEGAL AGE”). ONLY PERSONS OF LEGAL AGE CAN ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND CREATE AND/OR AUTHORISE AN ACCOUNT TO USE THE WEBSITE AND THE App. IF YOU ARE NOT AN ADULT YOU MAY NOT CREATE AND/OR AUTHORISE AN ACCOUNT TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE APP.
General DisclaimerThe Service is owned and controlled by MyRacehorse.
MyRacehorse reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms, at any time. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes will mean that you accept and agree to the changes. As long as you comply with these Terms, MyRacehorse grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited privilege to enter and use the Service.
Users browsing the Website do not need to register to access general information about our services and products, but must register and create an account in order to purchase units in racehorse ownership schemes and otherwise access and use our online event scheduler and merchandise store. If you choose to register for the Website, you agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form.
RegistrationThe Website and the App provide registered account holders, meeting all requirements, with the ability to purchase units in regulated managed investment schemes that own interests in one or more racehorses (“racehorse ownership schemes”), to register for and purchase tickets to unitholder-only hospitality events, and to purchase related products, such as branded apparel and accessories. Users browsing the Website do not need to register to access general information about our services and products, but must register and create an account in order to purchase units in racehorse ownership schemes and otherwise access and use our online event scheduler and merchandise store. If you choose to register for the Website, you agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form.
The App is not capable of use without logging in with Website credentials or the creation of a new account. Once logged into a valid account through the App, you will be able to purchase units in racehorse ownership schemes and otherwise access and use our online event scheduler and merchandise store. If you choose to create an account to use the App, you agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form.
Intellectual Property RightsMyRacehorse owns the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the content of the Service except where otherwise stated. You are welcome to browse, share and print the content for your personal, non-commercial or internal business use provided the portion of the Service being used is not altered or made available in a manner that modifies the content of the Service or presents the portion of the Service being reproduced in a false light. The permission to share and print does not allow for incorporation of any substantial portion of the Service in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic or any other form or for commercial purposes. Should you need to use, copy or reproduce any part of the Service for any other purpose then you must obtain our written permission. Any trademarks appearing on the Service belong to their respective owners.
Purchases; Other Terms and ConditionsAdditional terms and conditions may apply to purchases of units, goods and/or services, all of which terms are made a part of these Terms by this reference. You agree to abide by such other terms and conditions, including where applicable representing that you are of sufficient Legal Age to use or participate in such service or feature. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the terms posted for or applicable to a specific portion of the Service or for any other service offered on or through the Service, the latter terms shall control with respect to your use of that portion of the Service or the specific service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or third-party services, third-party content or third-party software.
MyRacehorse’s obligations, if any, with regard to its products and services are governed solely by the agreements pursuant to which they are provided, and nothing on the Service should be construed to alter such agreements.
MyRacehorse may make changes to any products or services offered on the Service, or to the applicable prices for any such products or services, at any time, without notice. The materials on the Service with respect to products and services may be out of date, and MyRacehorse makes no commitment to update the materials on the Service with respect to such products and services.
Accounts, Passwords and SecurityCertain features or services offered on or through the Service may require you to open an account. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information you hold for your account, including your password, and for any and all activity that occurs under your account as a result of your failing to keep this information secure and confidential. You agree to notify MyRacehorse immediately of any unauthorised use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. You may be held liable for losses incurred by MyRacehorse or any other user of or visitor to the Service due to someone else using your password or account as a result of your failing to keep your account information secure and confidential.
You may be held liable for losses incurred by MyRacehorse or any of its licensors or affiliates due to someone else using your account as a result of your failing to keep your account information secure and confidential. You may not use anyone else’s login credentials or account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of that account. MyRacehorse cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
Use of ServiceSubject to your performance of all of the provisions of this Agreement MyRacehorse hereby grants you, a limited, terminable, personal, non-exclusive license to access and use the Service solely as provided herein. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, all rights not specifically granted in the license set forth above shall be reserved and remain always with MyRacehorse. Your right to use the Service is not transferable. You will use the Service in accordance with all applicable laws. MyRacehorse may, without notice, terminate your access to the Service or take other actions as are reasonably necessary to comply with legal requirements and as necessary to protect MyRacehorse’s networks, information and the security and integrity of the Website and/or our servers and networks and/or App or if we determine that you are misusing the Service or otherwise violating the terms of this Agreement.
Conditions of UseYou agree to not use the Service to:
- interfere with or disrupt the App, Website or servers or networks connected to the App and/or Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- provide false information about yourself or impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information from the Service by electronic or other means for any purpose, including, but not limited to, the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service; or
- cause any third party to engage in the restricted activities above.
- the credit card and banking information supplied to the Processor is true, correct and complete;
- payments for Charges made by you will be honoured by your credit card company or depositary financial institution, as the case may be; and
- you shall pay for all Charges made under your account credentials using the Service.
- promotes the offer of units in certain managed investment schemes of which it is the appointed manager and authorised representative (ASIC Rep Number 001284902) of the responsible entity, Sire Custodians Ltd ABN 45 005 088 371 (AFSL 223671) and which hold, or propose to acquire, specified interests in racehorses to offer units in the relevant scheme via the Website and the App; and
- provides you with tools to locate a racehorse ownership scheme meeting your criteria, including a product disclosure statement (PDS) issued by the responsible entity of the relevant racehorse ownership scheme in compliance with the Corporations Act 2001.
- provide further information to verify your identity, such as providing copies of identity documents so as to meet 100 points of ID; or
- submit to a third party verification of identity process (such as Green ID).
- services, the cost of supplying the services again or payment of the costs of having the services supplied again; and
- goods, the cost of replacing the goods, supplying goods or having the goods repaired, or payment of the cost of replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods or having the goods repaired.
- your breach of this Agreement; and/or
- any other activities in connection with the Service.
TransactionsIf you are using the Service to purchase units in horse shared ownership companies, tickets to unitholder-only hospitality events or related apparel, and accessories, you agree to pay the amounts charged for such purchases (“Charges”). You are responsible for all Charges incurred under your account regardless of your awareness of such Charges or the amounts thereof. Charges may be facilitated through a third-party payment processing service (“Processor”) which MyRacehorse may replace without notice to you. Currently, credit card transactions on the Service are processed by NAB Transact and are subject to their applicable terms of service and privacy policies.
Obligation to Pay ChargesWhen you use the Service to purchase units in racehorse ownership schemes, tickets to unitholder-only hospitality events or related apparel, and accessories you will be directed to our Processor for fulfillment of the applicable Charges. You hereby represent and warrant that:
It is important to note that MyRacehorse does not own the units that are being sold in the racehorse ownership schemes and that users are acquiring the units from the responsible entity of the relevant racehorse ownership scheme.
You will need to review the PDS and any other information carefully and make your own independent judgment regarding your review of such information and selection of a racehorse ownership scheme. The information provided in the PDS by the responsible entity may include representations about the relevant racehorse’s prospects and condition.
MyRacehorse does not make any recommendations for any particular racehorse (or the related racehorse ownership scheme) or endorse one racehorse over another.
Horse Management and FeedbackMyRacehorse may or may not own a share of any of the horses that are listed on the Website or the App. In some cases, MyRacehorse may acquire some or all of the units in any racehorse ownership scheme that are not taken up by users but makes no representation that it will do so.
You may have access to the review and forum system made available on the Website, where unitholders can comment on their experiences with MyRacehorse.
Risks of Horse RacingMyRacehorse does not have or express any opinion on the value of the horses being offered by any racehorse ownership scheme. We are an exchange, providing tools to assist you in locating an investment in a racehorse ownership scheme. Horse racing ownership is risky. Horses are living, breathing, fragile animals and significant expenses are associated with their ownership and care. No guarantees can ever be made about the outcomes of a certain investment in a racehorse. Most investments lose money. Some break even, and a few are profitable, and a very few, are extremely profitable.
DisclaimersYOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND ANY ASSOCIATED PURCHASES, INCLUDING YOUR PURCHASE OF ANY UNITS IN RACEHORSE OWNERSHIP SCHEMES, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE OFFERED BY MY RACEHORSE IS A MARKETPLACE FOR UNITS IN RACEHORSE OWNERSHIP SCHEMES ONLY AND IS NOT A HORSE OR INVESTMENT RECOMMENDATION SERVICE, HORSE OR INVESTMENT LOCATING SERVICE, INVESTMENT ADVISORY OR ANY OTHER SERVICE AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. MY RACEHORSE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY REGARDING THE SERVICE, UNITS IN RACEHORSE OWNERSHIP SCHEMES AND RELATED PRODUCTS WHICH MAY BE PURCHASED ON THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY OF INVESTMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY MY RACEHORSE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE PURCHASE OR ANY UNITS IN RACEHORSE OWNERSHIP SCHEMES AND RELATED PRODUCTS WHICH MAY BE PURCHASED ON THE SERVICE.
The ability of a person to become an owner of a horse, even indirectly via units in a managed investment scheme, is (or may be) subject to the Australian Rules of Racing or other regulations relating to ownership eligibility. After you subscribe for units in any racehorse ownership scheme you may be requested by us (at our discretion) to:
In the event that you are unable to complete a suitable verification of identity process upon request, or are otherwise ineligible to own units in a managed investment scheme, you acknowledge that the responsible entity of the racehorse ownership scheme will be unable to issue units in the scheme to you and will refund any subscription fees paid.
Third Party LinksAny links to third party sites, either on the Service or on other social media sites on which we maintain a presence, are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for their use, effect or content. If you access third party sites you acknowledge that you are subject to any terms and conditions which are imposed by those sites. We do not provide any warranty or assume responsibility about the accuracy, source, quality or fitness for purpose of any content on any third-party site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by MyRacehorse of the website or a relationship with the organizations to which links are provided.
Posting CommentsThe Service and/or any other social media sites on which we maintain a presence, may enable you to post comments (e.g. forums, blogs, reviews etc.). Any comments that you post (or which are posted using your username and password) are your responsibility and you agree to indemnify us in respect of any claims for loss or damage resulting from any content you post that infringes on our rights or the rights of any third party. You agree that we own the copyright in any comment you post and may reproduce any comment for any purpose associated with our business activities, including marketing, with or without attribution to you and you waive any moral rights as the author of any such comment.
Exclusion of LiabilityTo the extent permitted by law, any conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities and other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on us are excluded under these Terms. If a supply under these Terms is a supply of goods or services to a consumer within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law, nothing contained in these Terms excludes, restricts or modifies the application of any provision, the exercise of any right or remedy or the imposition of any liability under the Australian Consumer Law except to the extent that we are permitted to limit our liability. Where our liability can be so limited then it is limited to, except in the case of a major failure, to our election between the remedies in the case of: –
Subject to the above, you acknowledge and agree that we do not represent, warrant or guarantee that the Service is free from any viruses or other defect or error which may affect your software or systems.
IndemnityYou will defend, indemnify, and hold MyRacehorse including our affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, successors and assigns, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or unitholders harmless from any claims, actions, suits, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis) relating to or arising out of your use of the Service or purchases of units in racehorse ownership schemes or related products, including:
This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
TerminationYou agree that MyRacehorse, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if MyRacehorse believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of the Service, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. MyRacehorse may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice.
General TermsEntire Agreement
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and MyRacehorse and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and MyRacehorse with respect to the Service.
These Terms and your use of the Service and/or any other social media sites on which we maintain a presence, are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. You must ensure that access to and use of the Service is in accordance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect.
A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
You may not assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of MyRacehorse, but MyRacehorse may assign or transfer this Agreement, in whole or in part, without restriction.
In this policy we explain how and why we collect personal information about individuals, how we use it, and what controls individuals have over our use of it.
- MyRacehorse is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation (the Act and the APPs) that deals with how businesses may collect, hold and use personal information about individuals and to protecting and safeguarding the privacy of individuals when they deal with us.
- Some information provided to us by clients, customers and other parties might be considered private or personal. However, without such information we would not be able to carry on our business activities and provide our services. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information that MyRacehorse may collect and hold in respect of individuals may include:
Collection of information
- contact details and identification information;
- information and information about transactions and trading history with MyRacehorse.
- details of, or copies of, identity documents such as driver’s licence, passport or Medicare card.
- if an individual contacts MyRacehorse, we may keep a record of that communication or correspondence;
- If an individual submits an application, registration or another form required to be completed by an individual to enable and/or facilitate services to be provided by MyRacehorse;
- when applying for and/or establishing and/or accessing an account with us;
- when an individual submits their contact details to be included on our mailing lists;
- when an order is placed with us to purchase units we may require individuals to provide us with contact information including name, address, telephone number or email address for the purposes of processing and fulfilling such a purchase;
- prior to the issue of units we may ask you to complete a verification of identity process by provide details or copies of identity documents as required by Racing Australia or any state or territory racing authority;
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
- processing an application or unit purchase or service request (including verifying a person's identity for these purposes);
- managing our products and services or other relationships and arrangements, including processing receipts, payments and charges;
- detecting and preventing fraud and other risks to us and our customers;
- responding to inquiries about applications, accounts or other products, services or arrangements;
- understanding our customers' needs and developing and offering products and services to meet those needs;
- researching and developing our products and services and maintaining and developing our systems and infrastructure (including undertaking testing);
- dealing with complaints;
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements. Various Australian laws may expressly require us to collect/and or disclose personal information about individuals, or we may need to do so in order to be able to comply with other obligations under those laws;
- enforcing our rights, including undertaking debt collection activities and legal proceedings;
- disclosure to third parties and My Racehorse commercial partners.
- where the disclosure is necessary to comply with any requirement of Racing Australia or any state or territory racing authority relating to the provision of information regarding the identity of persons acquiring interests in racehorses (or units in managed investments schemes related to racehorse ownership)
- where the individual has consented to the use or disclosure;
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
- where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for and conduct of proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- where a customer (being the individual or related to the individual) has requested a service to be provided by us and we are required to disclose the information to a third party in order to facilitate the provision of the service. In most, if not all cases, any such disclosure will be with the consent of the individual.
- MyRacehorse’s legal advisors;
- MyRacehorse’s IT service providers;
- regulatory bodies in Australia. Including but not limited to Racing Australia and/or any state or territory racing authority;
- MyRacehorse’s financial advisors;
- participants in financial and payment systems, such as banks, other credit providers, and credit card associations;
- guarantors and security providers associated with individuals;
- cloud information storage providers;
- other third-party providers who assist MyRacehorse in providing its business services
- sponsors and business partners for the purpose of our business relationship with them.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
Security and storage
Access to and correction of personal information
MyRacehorse’s Privacy Officer:
Attention: MyRacehorse Privacy Officer
- MyRacehorse reasonably believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety; or
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between MyRacehorse and the individual, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- giving access would reveal the intentions of MyRacehorse in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; or
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/ tribunal order; or
- both of the following apply:
- MyRacehorse has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to MyRacehorse’s functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
Transfer of information overseas
Attention: MyRacehorse Privacy Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
My Racehorse Pty Ltd - Privacy StatementMy Racehorse Pty Ltd ACN 643 461 590 (“My Racehorse”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information when you deal with us.
- will only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent. You can access our website and browse the site without disclosing personal information.
- will only use personal information provided by you for the purposes for which it was collected and My Racehorse will not disclose your personal information to a third party, except when it is required to facilitate a service you have requested or as required by law.
- has implemented security technology, rules, measures and policies to protect the personal information under our control against: unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
- will remove personal information from our systems where it is no longer required (except where archiving is required).
- may use session recording via software or a third party to create re-enactments of user behaviour based on data collected from the websites or app’s server (such as mouse or mobile gestures or keyboard inputs). We use this information to help optimise the MyRacehorse user experience. Session recording tools do not actually record users’ screens and never record personally identifiable information. Passwords and sensitive data, like payment credentials are obscured form view and can’t be tracked via the software.
Attention: MyRacehorse Privacy Officer
MY RACEHORSE PTY LTD’S COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
|2||Guiding principles for effective handling of complaints.|
- Objectives and purposes of Complaints Handling Policy.
- What is a Complaint?
Guiding principles for effective handling of complaints.
- How may a complaint be made
- Information to be provided when making a complaint
My Racehorse Pty Ltd ACN 643 461 590 (“My Racehorse”) is committed to delivering high quality services and products to those who deal with it My Racehorse is committed to understanding and responding to the needs and concerns of our customers and clients.
The aim of this policy is to provide guidance as to the manner in which My Racehorse receives and handles complaints made to My Racehorse in respect of My Racehorse’s business activities and dealings with its customers and clients.
The objective of this policy is to assist My Racehorse in dealing with and resolving complaints in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
In creating this policy, My Racehorse has sought to ensure that our procedures accord with relevant legal requirements and best practice. In particular, this policy has been created to satisfy the requirements of AS ISO 10002-2006 Customer Satisfaction – Guidelines for complaints handling in organisations.
AS ISO 10002-2006, defines a complaint as follows:
“An expression of dissatisfaction made to an organisation, related to its products, or the complaints–handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected.”
My Racehorse adopts that definition of “complaint” for the purposes of this policy.
Any person or entity who is dissatisfied with a product or service provided by My Racehorse for any reason, may contact us to complain. A complaint may be made in writing or verbally. Certain types of “complaints” may be by way of negative feedback, which may not require a resolution or any response.
Whilst we acknowledge this type of feedback can be useful and valuable, this policy does not apply to such feedback as such feedback does not fall under the definition of a complaint as set out above.
My Racehorse abides by the guiding principles as set out section 4 of AS ISO 10002- 2006 for effective handling of complaints. The guiding principles set out at section 4 of AS ISO 10002-2006 are as follows:
|Principle||Explanation of Principle|
|Visibility||Information about how and where to complain should be well publicised to customers, clients, My Racehorse’s personnel and other interested parties. This policy is available on My Racehorse’s website and also internally.|
|Accessibility||The complaints-handling process as outlined in this policy should be easily accessible to complainants and all relevant representatives of My Racehorse. This policy is drawn in a manner that is easy to understand and sets out simply the process of making and resolving of complaints.|
|Responsiveness||Receipt of each complaint is acknowledged to the complainant immediately. Complaints will be addressed promptly in accordance with their urgency. Complaints will be handled in an efficient and effective manner and complainants will be treated courteously and kept informed of the process of the complaint through the complaints-handling process.|
|Objectivity||Each complaint will be addressed in an equitable, objective and unbiased manner through the complaints-handling process.|
|Charges||The complaints-handling process is free of charge to the complainant.|
|Confidentiality||Personally identifiable information concerning the complainant is actively protected from disclosure unless the complainant expressly consents to its disclosure.|
|Customer-focused approach||My Racehorse is committed to adopting a customer-focused approach to dealing with complaints. We are open to feedback, including in respect of the form of complaints and we acknowledge the right of our customers and clients to complain.|
|Accountability||My Racehorse and its employees accept responsibility for effective complaints handling procedures, including being accountable for and reporting on the actions and decisions of My Racehorse in respect to complaints handling.|
|Continual improvement||My Racehorse is committed to continually improving its complaints-handling processes.|
Where possible, complaints should be made in writing so that the details of the complaint are clear and complete and so that we may more effectively deal with the complaint.
Complaints should be directed to:
Attention: My Racehorse’s Privacy Officer
451 Mt Eliza Road | Romsey Victoria 3434
Telephone: 1800 934 243
When making a complaint, please provide the following information:
- Your Name, the organisation you are from (if applicable), your position and contact details;
- Your relationship with My Racehorse;
- The name of any contact person at My Racehorse;
- Details of the complaint (including when the conduct giving rise to the complaint occurred);
- Details of any persons or persons of My Racehorse involved (if applicable);
- Copies of any documentation that supports the complaint.
If you require any assistance in formulating or lodging a complaint, please contact the Complaints Officer at the contact details set out above.
We will acknowledge receipt of a complaint immediately upon receipt.
We will endeavor to resolve complaints within four (4) weeks of receiving the complaint. However, this may not be possible in all instances. Where time to deal with a complaint will exceed four (4) weeks, we will contact the complainant to inform of the reasons for the delay and indicate when we expect to be in a position to complete our review of the complaint.
Complainants have the right to enquire as to the status of their complaint by contacting the Complaints Officer or any other employee or representative of My Racehorse who has been identified to the complainant as handling the complaint.
Once we have reviewed a complaint, we will provide the complainant with a written response. If the complainant is dissatisfied with our response, the complainant has a right to ask for the response to be re-considered by the Complaints Officer. Such a request should be made in writing to the Complaints Officer and forwarded by post or email to the addresses provided above.
If a complainant remains dissatisfied with the manner in which the complaint has been handled, the complainant may have a right to refer the complaint to some other external resolution body.
Complaints will be analysed by our Complaints Officer at regular intervals to identify any recurring or systemic problems. If any such problems are identified, we will consider what actions we need to take to address any such problems.
Our complaints handling process will be reviewed periodically in order to enhance our delivery of efficient and effective outcomes in respect of complaints received.