General Administrative / Event Staff
MyRacehorse is an Angel-backed startup bringing the crowdfunding concept to horse racing. We provide a mobile app platform for the public to buy shares in racehorses. Based in Southern California, the initial product launch will be in the state, followed by nationwide launches in the U.S. and U.K.
- ● Office Presence – As the first company employee, be the person in the office if customers, vendors etc call or visit.
- ● Product Support – Assist customers who maybe having problems using the online app etc.
- ● Customer Relations – Compose messages and event notices. Act as one of the hosts for company events.
After becoming familiar with the industry, lead tours of the racetracks and stables.
- ● Event Support – Help host and staff hospitality events that the company is holding at local racetracks such as Santa Anita.
- ● General office tasks and light bookkeeping – Handle all the office mail and bills. Perform data entry for the accounting firm. Generate reports for the executive team. Assist the COO in managing day to day aspects of the mostly outsourced company functions such as payroll, benefits etc.
- ● Bachelor’s degree or very relevant experience, particularly in the horse racing industry
- ● Working familiarity with Microsoft Office apps – Excel, Powerpoint
- ● Familiarity with Quickbooks is a plus
- ● Familiarity with common communications applications – Email, Facebook etc.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com