MyRacehorse is the first business unit to be launched by Experiential Squared, a global fractional ownership platform that is pioneering the democratization of the ownership of aspirational assets. Nearly 100k users are already on the MyRacehorse platform where we offer affordable racehorse ownership, enabling individuals to compete at the highest level for a fraction of the cost through our microshare product. We have thriving stables in the United States, Ireland, the United Kingdom and Australia. MyRacehorse is by far the largest fractional ownership platform in the world and we are just getting started. We are currently seeking to grow the team with a highly motivated emotionally intelligent individual with the ability to find the positive in any situation and displays excellent patience under pressure. This individual works well independently, thrives in a collaborative environment, and embraces problem-solving. Given the nature of our business model, the accounting department serves as not only the backbone of our business but also a critical pillar of the MyRacehorse experience.
Support and help develop the daily, weekly, and monthly accounting responsibilities of MyRacehorse US and the Experiential Squared Consolidated entity. This position is responsible for the majority of daily transactions for each individual Series which contains the unique horse asset. The primary focus will be the recording and collection of horse revenues and expenses and will work with the accounting director to support the timely reporting of GAAP basis financials to both internal and external users. In addition to financial reporting, the accountant will work closely with various stakeholders to ensure that accurate and timely race financials, graphics and payouts are completed and communicated for each of the ongoing series.
- Primary contact with racetrack bookkeepers to obtain account statements and record purses, race expenses and claim proceeds
- Record corporate credit card charges and ensure the process for reporting expenses is adhered to by card holders
- Record all bank transactions in QuickBooks
- Review Series on a monthly basis and record accruals for missing invoices
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for all Series and Experiential Squared
- Prepare Race Day and Finalized Race Financials and related graphics for publication
- Calculate Instant Race Day Payouts and set up in Magento
- Set up new MRH/Edge Series in QuickBooks and establish FEINs for new Series
- Other Accounting functions as needed under the direction of the Accounting Director
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with good attention to details
- Ability to self-direct based on due dates and documented deadlines. Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and stay positive and patient when a change in direction is needed.
- A degree in accounting is preferred, but a proven track record of success in similar accounting roles will be considered.
- Willingness to learn; Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A proven proficiency with accounting software platforms (QuickBooks, Xero, Other Enterprise Solutions) and strong Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot tables, Macros a plus)
- We do run a horse racing company, so loving our equine athletes is a major PLUS and previous experience in horse racing would be a Double PLUS.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Employee perks and discounts
- Paid holidays
- Discretionary Time Off Plan (Get your work done, and then take time to relax and recharge)
- Work with an amazing and talented team!
Salary: $45-$60 BOE