Royal Ascot Experience - FAQ's
Yes. Coverage is excellent throughout England and roaming agreements are in place with most international phone carriers.
- Wi-Fi is readily available throughout England in cyber cafes, restaurants, shopping centers and beyond.
- Yes. All the major cards are widely accepted.
- Taxis accept cash and card for payment. In London, payment is by debit or credit card.
- Most hotels and restaurants add service charges to their bill. For those that don’t include it, a tip is always appreciated.
- Hotels: People often tip porters.
- Restaurants: It is customary to leave 12% – 15% of the bill as a tip when eating out.
- Taxis: It is polite to round up your taxi fare to the nearest pound for black cabs and licensed minicabs
- Cup of Coffee costs an average of £2.55 ($3.25 USD)
- Three-course meals for two at a mid-range restaurant is £57.25 ($73.00 USD)
- Imported 0.33 liter bottle of beer from a shop is about £2.27 ($2.89 USD)
Yes, filtered water is always available and tap water is safe.
- According to the U.S. State Department, England is as safe as many of the most popular tourist destinations around the world such as the Bahamas and France. There are currently no Covid-related restrictions on international travel to the UK.
- Please see the event dress code for proper attire for each location.
Heathrow airport is generally the most convenient.
Typical flight durations from the United States to England?
- From New York: 6h 40m
- From Chicago: 8h 25m
- From Miami: 9h 22m
- From Los Angeles: 11h 24m
- As of December 2023, the US Dollar (US$) to British Pound (GBP) exchange rate is USD $1 to 0.78 GBP.
Locations: ATM access in England is generally excellent to locate and all ATM’s belong to the LINK network.
Charges: There are two types of ATMs in the UK: free and pay-to-use. The vast majority are free. Independently operated machines can charge around £3 to £5 per ($3.82 – $6.38 USD) transaction.
- Tourists are allowed to drink at licensed hotels, bars and restaurants in England.
#1: The City / The London Bridge / The Tower of London
#2: Buckingham Palace
#3: Historically-significant pubs (and there are lots):
Many famous authors and musicians from Charles Dickens to Paul McCartney did their best work in pubs. You may want to pay a visit to Mark Twain’s favorite Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese.
#4: The London Eye:
A giant observation ferris wheel with stunning 360° degree views of London from the top, is located on the south bank of the River Thames. It has become a permanent resident of the London skyline since it was built in 2000 to celebrate the new millennium.
#5: Hyde Park / Speakers Corner:
Hyde Park is a stunning retreat from the metropolitan hustle and bustle of central London, and features everything from majestic swans to the Princess Diana memorial.
#9: Big Ben / Westminster Palace
#10: National Portrait Gallery
The Tube is similar to most other subway systems. There are 11 lines that zip throughout London and operate from 5 AM to midnight every day, although certain lines do run 24-hours on Fridays and Saturdays.
To use the Tube, buy an Oyster Card. It costs £5 to buy (you can purchase Oyster Cards inside stations) and you can refill it as you
With regard to communications by MyRacehorse on the Site to gauge interest in a potential Securities offering pursuant to the Regulation A exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act, including opportunities to “reserve” Securities as indications of interest in the potential offering, please note (i) that no money or other consideration is being solicited thereby, and if sent in response, will not be accepted, (ii) no sales will be made or commitments to purchase accepted until the offering statement for the potential offering is qualified by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, (iii) any such offer may be withdrawn or revoked, without obligation or commitment of any kind, at any time before notice of its acceptance is given after the qualification date, and (iv) an indication of interest is non-binding and involves no obligation or commitment of any kind.
All investors using the Site must acknowledge and accept the high risks associated with investing in the Securities. These risks include holding your investment for periods of months or years with limited or no ability to resell and losing your entire investment; you must have the ability to bear a total loss of your investment without a change in your lifestyle. The Site may contain forward looking statements which are not guaranteed. Potential investors should read all of the investment documents that are provided to them. MyRacehorse is not an investment advisor, broker-dealer or crowdfunding portal and does not engage in any activities requiring any such registration. All investors should make their own determination of whether or not to make any investment, based on their own evaluation and analysis. The Securities are being offered and sold only in jurisdictions where such offers and sales are permitted; it is solely your responsibility to comply with the laws and regulations of your jurisdiction of residence. You are strongly advised to consult your legal, tax and financial advisors before investing.
Multiple offerings of Securities may be conducted on this Site. Prior to any investment in any Securities, you should review a copy of the current offering circular relating to those Securities included in the corresponding offering statement filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, by visiting the following url: My Racehorse CA LLC CIK#: 000174448