Effective Date: August 6, 2019
Last Modified/Formally Reviewed: July 4, 2022
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect and process several types of personally identifiable information about users of our Website and App, including:
- Information you provide by registering on our Website or App or filling out forms, This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or App such as your name, email address and physical address.
- Additional information we receive when you purchase a horse share through the Website or through the App, such as your social security number, driver’s license number and the payment account information which you provide to us.
- If your purchase exceeds certain statutory thresholds, additional information about your net worth and gross income may be collected.
- Information we receive when you communicate with us through email, such as your name and e-mail address.
- Information we receive from your use of our Website and App, such as the Internet address (IP address) of the computer or mobile device you use to access our services, the type of browser or OS you use and the times you access our Website and App.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or App and the financial information to complete the transactions.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- We may also collect information by using “Cookies.” “Cookies” are small files that your web browser places on your computer’s or mobile device’s storage medium.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or App.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We use personally identifiable information:
- To verify your state of residence for compliance with securities laws.
- To fulfill your purchases of shares in horses, conduct product and service surveys, and to handle complaints and inquiries.
- To respond to your requests, contact you regarding our products or services and send you company reports and disclosures.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To comply with our reporting obligations under applicable laws and make disclosures under the requirements of any applicable law and to comply with legal process or in response to lawful requests from public authorities.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
WITH WHOM AND WHY WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With payment processors who will collect your specific payment information and process your payments, such as Paymentech/Authorize.net and Payliance. The information collected by the payment processors is not shared with us and is subject to their privacy policies.
- With our service providers, but only to the extent necessary to support our business or for us to comply with requirements of applicable laws.
- To our broker-dealers who support our business and facilitate the transactions.
- To comply with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, legal process, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other regulatory or public authorities in response to lawful requests.
- To establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
YOUR CHOICES TO LIMIT USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
When Experiential directly collects your personally identifiable information, we will offer you the opportunity to choose whether your personally identifiable information may be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which the information was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. We will not sell any of your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS YOUR DATA
You can review or change your personally identifiable information by logging into the Website or App and visiting your account profile page.
SESSION RECORDING INFORMATION
We may use session recording via software or a third party to create reenactments of user behavior based on data collected from the website’s or app’s server (such as mouse or mobile gestures or keyboard inputs). We use this information to help optimize the My Racehorse user experience. Session recording tools do not actually record users’ screens and never record personally identifiable information. Passwords and sensitive data, like payment credentials are obscured from view and can’t be tracked via the software.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website or App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Experiential Squared, Inc. 250 W. First Street Suite #256 Claremont CA, 91711.
Our Website and App are not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children. No one under age 18 may provide any personally identifiable information to or on the Website or App, order any products or services from us, or attempt to use any of our Internet portals under any circumstance. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age or have any reasonable grounds for believing that children under the age of 13 are accessing our Internet portals or using our products or services. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personally identifiable information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Experiential Squared, Inc. 250 W. First Street Suite #256 Claremont CA, 91711