An incredible evening representing the many owners of Midsummer Dance, at Chelmsford City Racecourse.
My first time experiencing the owner’s experience. Some notes:
– presented with owners pass & programme at reception
– access to two owners & trainers private areas, with their own toilets, bar and food.
– one complimentary drink, with tea & coffee freely available throughout
– choice of sandwiches or curry (+ another option)
– staff were very welcoming throughout
We then met Barney & team by the parade ring, where we met the jockey, Hector Crouch, and heard of his plans for the race.
We watched Midsummer parade, before Hector mounted and left for the track. The owners then went to trackside to watch the race close up.
The race unfolded exactly as expected, Midsummer set the pace early on, before the inevitable rush by the two Godolphin entries and the other Gosden representative, who took the top three places. Midsummer in 4th, as per the bookies. (Side note – I had backed the winner as well as Midsummer, so wasn’t a complete loss).
Hector was very insightful in the debriefing, which has already been published.
Looking forward to seeing Midsummer continue to develop.
Thanks to Barney & team for a memorable evening, an experience I never believed that I would get to experience.