Racing Manager, East Coast
MyRacehorse is one of the fastest growing racing stables in the world led by the democratization of ownership making the Sport of Kings truly accessible to everyone. By acquiring some of the most prized bloodstock, partnering with the top trainers, building an innovative digital platform and providing best in class customer experiences, we have built a stable of over 100 horses and tens of thousands of owners. Our recent ambition saw the launch of MyRacehorse Australia with several global markets on the short-term horizon. The stable success includes multiple stakes winners, including 2020 Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup Classic Champion Authentic allowing 5,314 people to experience the greatest thrill in all of sports.
MyRacehorse is looking for a Racing Manager to join our Bloodstock and Stable Management team to lead our stable of horses based on the east coast, mainly at Monmouth and NYRA tracks. This role will oversee all aspects of east coast stable management, working cross functionally with our content development teams, events teams, trainers, and of course our vibrant ownership group. The ideal candidate will leverage their passion and knowledge for racing to manage 25+ horses through their campaigns here on the east coast, while delivering frequent and insightful updates to the ownership group.
- Be intimately involved in their training regimen, by watching workouts and gallops, interview key stakeholders and reporting back to our internal team and our ownership group on progress
- Supporting our Bloodstock team via qualitative and quantitative research on potential acquisitions
- Co-author with our trainers and internal teams optimal race targets and campaigns
- Work closely with our internal racing team on the optimal care and stewardship of each horse (e.g. turn outs, circuit changes, race targets, vet care, and aftercare/rehoming)
- Develop content that best captures the progress, success and challenges of each horse within the stable that is to be delivered to our ownership group via the MyRacehorse app and email
- Participate as the MRH advocate within key trade associations and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with events planning and local tracks on owner events
- Lead/host local owners’ events including race days, morning works, and farm/backside tours.
- Media Liaison for east coast racing (interviews and updates on key horses within the stable)
- Participate in Q/A with our ownership groups in digital chat and video environments
- Support Customer Service and Social teams with updates and insights on your stable
If you love racing, love horses and want more than anything to see this sport thrive once again, we encourage you to apply for this position by emailing MyRacehorse at firstname.lastname@example.org.