MyRacehorse is one of the fastest growing thoroughbred racing stables in the world led by the democratization of ownership making the Sport of Kings truly accessible to everyone. By acquiring some of the most prized bloodstock, partnering with the top trainers, building an innovative digital platform andproviding best in class customer experiences, we have built a stable of over 100 horses and tens of thousands of owners. Our recent ambition saw the launch of MyRacehorse Australia with several global markets on the short-term horizon. The stable success includes multiple stakes winners, including 2020 Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup Classic Champion Authentic allowing 5,314 people to experience the greatest thrill in all of sports.
We are looking for an experienced Controller who will be involved with all day-to-day accounting functions, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and operations for a high volume, direct to consumerbusiness in thoroughbred racing. The Controller position requires a highly motivated individual possessing strong financial and accounting experience. To succeed in the role, the candidate must be experienced, well organized, and have strong communication, leadership, interpersonal and time management skills. We are looking for a candidate who can work independently on multiple tasks with competing priorities, and make impactful, concrete contributions to the company. We foster a collaborative, professional environment where each employee is encouraged and expected to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger
- Providing monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses
- Development of a systematic monthly close processes
- Maintain and improve financial and operating internal controls
- Formal reconciliations of all cash accounts including Broker Dealer, Operating, acquisition account, Paymaster, Investor Distribution account.
- Continued development and optimization of shareholder reporting for each of the individual horses.
- Improved budgeting and Forecasting models
- Develop Executive Dashboards and Board of Director Financial Reporting
- Collaboration with our securities and compliance division to develop timely and accurate reporting to meet regulatory requirements.
- Work with outside accounting firm to ensure compliance with sales and use tax as well as filing requirements for both equine purchases, and ancillary business units.
- CPA preferred
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- 8+ years’ of public audit or corporate accounting with experience in the thoroughbred industry a major plus
- Experience working with a multi-national firm preferred
- Expertise with Sage Intact accounting software and working knowledge of Intuit Quickbooks
- Strong command of Excel including modeling, pivot tables and presentation development
- Exceptional communication, management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated, team player and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently in a fast-moving organization and multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Detail oriented in all aspects of work
- Accepts accountability for delivery dates, deadlines, quality, results, etc.
- Able to learn and apply new knowledge quickly
- Exposure to a rapidly growing company
- Competitive compensation tailored to the experience
- Robust Benefits(full-time)
- Employee Perks
- Employee Assistance Program