Kichiro Update

I decided to send Kichiro to Premier Farms this morning. Unfortunately over the past few days he just hasn’t been himself, he’s been very lethargic. He had been training really well prior and I thought we were sitting on a huge race. We just need to get him checked out and give him a little time. Tentative timeline we are looking at about six weeks on the farm. It’s tough but we have to be patient in this industry. Will provide updates accordingly.

Soul Beam Update

Soul Beam came back in good order from his effort 10 days ago and is being pointed to the same exact condition race on May 18 at Santa Anita (40k n2L 1 Mile (Turf). The consensus opinion out of the most recent effort is that he should’ve been moved up to at least 4th, if not 3rd, and could’ve been right there with a stronger ride. At least the screws are a bit more tightened fitness-wise and he should be on GO the third start back from the layoff.

Kichiro Race Update

Looking at a few race targets for Kichiro next weekend at Golden Gate. There is an allowance going a mile on the turf for three year olds and up on Saturday May 4th and a starter allowance going a mile on the main track for straight 3 year olds. We’ll provide updates after entries are drawn.