Noble Goddess Update

Noble Goddess continued to train forwardly this morning in preparation for her anticipated racing debut. She worked five furlongs in company in 1:01.3 seconds at San Luis Rey. She broke off well and was striding out well late, galloping out with good energy. She continues to thrive and really enjoys her work. We are very pleased and encouraged by her progress at this point. She should be heading to Phil’s string at Santa Anita in a few weeks.

Noble Goddess at San Luis Rey

Noble Goddess Going to Track

Cairo Kiss Race Entry

Cairo Kiss has been entered in Saturday’s 4th race at Santa Anita Park in a very competitive maiden special weight going 6.5 furlongs on the downhill turf course. Tiago Pereira rides from post 12, 2:00 PM post time. With rain expected in the forecast this race may come off the turf. We’ll be in contact with Slam Dunk Racing (the majority owner) on whether the plan is to run rain or shine and provide updates as soon as we get them.

Nileist Update

Battle Born Racing informed us that Nileist will not run this Friday at Golden Gate. During his last workout he was fitted with an egg bar shoe for his foot issues which precluded him from really getting what we needed out of the workout before a race. We will be setting up a visit with Nileist shortly led by Battle Born Racing to discuss the issues Nileist has had since purchasing him at the sale.

Nileist at Santa Anita

Bella Chica Update

Another report from SLO Racing’s principal Ty Green to pass along regarding Bella Chica. This is why he urged cautious optimism in his last update. We learnt over the past few days that Bella Chica’s fever had not regressed and they had to get more aggressive in treating her including inserting drains to her lungs. Ty reports “The news today is that her fever seems to be somewhat under control but still a little high. They have removed the drain from the left side because everything was cleared up. They removed the drain temporarily on the right side but either have or will likely re-insert it. We are still fighting but (and I knock on wood here) we may be inching toward the positive. I’m told the prognosis for recovery is very good (at least so far) but it will take time. We’ll be very lucky if she races this year. I was hoping we would get off with only a few months recovery but once the drains go in, the recovery time is increased by at least four months because the lungs have to heal. The stem cells will help speed up and solidify the healing process but we will need to be patient. Wish I had better news but this is the reality of the situation. We have a nice filly but we’ve had some very bad luck. Fortunately, the prognosis is better than it would be for a tendon injury. I know of two other horses that were as bad (or worse) who recovered as good as new.”

We will provide the next update as soon as we get it from Ty.